Former pro beach volleyball player Angie Akers has taken a coaching position with the Dutch national beach volleyball program. Akers, a four-time FIVB medalist, will work with the top women’s teams, including the 2012 FIVB Most Improved Player Sophie van Gestel and Jantine van der Vlist who earned two ninth-place finishes on last year’s international tour. The Dutch teams and Akers are currently in Fuerteventura, Spain, preparing for the upcoming FIVB season.
You love volleyball and you know how important our free coverage of our sport is to you.
Get one or all of these great volleyball items:
- A Fox40 Electronic Whistle
- We Were Kings by Travis Mewhirter
- A VolleyballMag.com T-shirt
- A free trial to Art of Coaching
- A VBM sticker perfect for your water bottle or laptop